Our SightSpace 3D mobile app viewer for Google SketchUp (in .KMZ format) is now available on Amazon’s Kindle Fire and can be downloaded on the Amazon Appstore for Android. SightSpace 3D is a powerful tool to view models created in Google SketchUp and other programs that read .KMZ files. These include Google Earth, the Google 3D Warehouse, ArchiCAD, and ArcGIS. With SightSpace, you can annotate 3D models, bookmark favorite views, take screenshots, and share notes and photos. If you have a pair of red/cyan glasses, you can also view models in full Stereoscopic 3D. SightSpace 3D is also available for download on the iTunes App Store for Apple devices and for Android phones and tablets on Google Play (formerly the Android Market).
- SightSpace 3D is powered by a custom high performance 3D engine to load the largest, most complex models possible (e.g. high polygon counts)
- Easy annotations – tap on the model and type to make notes
- Saved views in Google SketchUp load as bookmarks
- View models in Stereoscopic 3D (with red/cyan glasses)
- Share photos and annotations via email
- Display photos as slideshow
- Place .KMZ files exported from Google SketchUp (and other programs) directly onto your device – preserving the privacy and security of your model
- Download .KMZ files from the Google 3D Warehouse or open from email or Dropbox – view models anywhere
Google SketchUp model courtesy of Hilliard Architects, San Francisco, CA.