I am pleased to announce an update to our mobile SightSpace 3D app for Google SketchUp. Thank you to the SketchUp community for all of the great feedback; we have been able to incorporate some great new features into SightSpace 3D V. 1.1. The update is available on the iTunes App Store and includes the following enhancements:
• Improved navigation of interior spaces in the SketchUp viewer
• Saved views in Google SketchUp .kmz load as Bookmarks. This makes for fast and easy retrieval of your favorite views.
• Limited support for loading Google Earth .kmz geometry: points, linestrings, polygons without holes. SightSpace does NOT load links, metadata, references to external files, etc.
• We continue to improved our 3D engine for the best viewing experience on mobile devices.
• Added Settings to configure various model loading options for tuning performance and memory usage. These options include the following:
o Turning lines in models on/off – enables loading of larger models
o Choose to display hidden geometry – this option is best used in conjunction with Google Earth .kmz files
o A slider to choose between better performance and better model quality
o Memory messages – when your device is about to run out of available memory, a memory message will be displayed
and SightSpace 3D will close to keep from crashing. Turning off Memory Messages will allow you to load the largest models possible but may also cause app crashes because this protection is now turned off.
Lastly, answers to commonly asked questions are on our support page along with tips for loading large models and getting the best augmented reality experience.
Suggestions for future enhancements? Email us at SightSpace@LimitlessComputing.com or call us at 877.663.3797.